1. cable drag chains Material: Reinforced Nylon PA6, PA66
2. Size: Inner size: Height*width, 25*38 mm
3. Plenty of moulds for various sizes to choose. Also difference types, models. We can make new mould
for special requirements.
4, The raw material: Original new nylon raw material. We don’t use recycling materials,
5, Operation and maintenance: Easy. We keep modifying and improving our moulds’ structures according to the feedback of our customers after usage. And always paying much attention to function.Cable Wire Carrier Drag Chain Length for CNC
The appearance is beautiful, and surface gloss.
Reinforced nylon, low temperature resistance, wear resistance, corrosion resistance.
Closed type, but can open cover ,move flexibly . Movement, low noise,wear-resistant, high-speed movement.
The Drag chain has been widely used in CNC machine tools, electronic equipment,
fire machinery, stone machinery, glass machinery, doors and windows machinery, injection molding machines, robots, overweight transportation equipment, automated warehouses and so on.
High strength nylon drag chain cable carrier
wearable, elastic, fire proof, self-lubricating.
Packaging & Shipping
|with Logo Printing
Can heavy-duty chains be used in marine or underwater applications?
Yes, heavy-duty chains can be used in marine or underwater applications, provided they are made from materials that can withstand the corrosive and harsh conditions of marine environments. These chains are commonly referred to as marine-grade or stainless steel chains.
Marine environments, including saltwater, can be highly corrosive to standard chains made of carbon steel. However, marine-grade heavy-duty chains are specifically designed to resist corrosion and rust, making them suitable for use in marine applications, such as ship mooring, anchor chains, and other maritime equipment.
Stainless steel is one of the most common materials used for manufacturing marine-grade heavy-duty chains. Stainless steel contains chromium, which forms a protective layer on the chain’s surface, preventing it from corroding in saltwater or other corrosive environments.
In addition to corrosion resistance, heavy-duty chains used in marine applications must also meet high-strength requirements to withstand the demanding loads and forces experienced at sea. Therefore, they are typically designed and tested to comply with marine industry standards and regulations.
It is important to note that even marine-grade heavy-duty chains require regular maintenance and inspection to ensure their performance and longevity in marine environments. Proper lubrication and cleaning are essential to prevent saltwater and debris buildup, which can accelerate wear and corrosion.
In summary, heavy-duty chains made from marine-grade materials, such as stainless steel, can be effectively used in marine and underwater applications. These chains offer the necessary corrosion resistance and strength to withstand the challenging conditions of the sea while providing reliable and safe performance for various marine equipment and operations.
Can heavy-duty chains be used in vertical lifting applications?
Yes, heavy-duty chains are commonly used in vertical lifting applications due to their high strength, durability, and reliability. These chains are specifically designed to handle heavy loads and are well-suited for tasks that involve vertical lifting.
When used in vertical lifting applications, heavy-duty chains must be selected based on the specific requirements of the task. Factors to consider include:
- Working Load Limit (WLL): The WLL of the chain should be well above the maximum expected load to ensure safe lifting. It is essential to know the weight of the load and select the appropriate chain with a sufficient WLL.
- Chain Size and Strength: The size and strength of the chain must match the lifting requirements. Larger and stronger chains are capable of handling heavier loads and providing a higher safety margin.
- Lifting Mechanism: The type of lifting mechanism, such as hoists or pulleys, should be compatible with the heavy-duty chain to ensure smooth and controlled lifting operations.
- Inspection and Maintenance: Regular inspection and maintenance of the chain are essential to ensure its integrity and safety. Any signs of wear, damage, or fatigue should be addressed promptly.
Vertical lifting applications where heavy-duty chains are commonly used include construction cranes, material handling systems, lifting platforms, and other heavy machinery involved in vertical movement.
It is crucial to follow industry safety standards and guidelines when using heavy-duty chains for vertical lifting to prevent accidents and ensure the safety of workers and equipment.
How do you select the right size and strength for a heavy-duty chain?
Selecting the right size and strength for a heavy-duty chain involves considering several critical factors to ensure optimal performance and safety. Here’s a step-by-step guide to help you make the right choice:
- Identify the Application: Determine the specific application for the heavy-duty chain. Different applications may have varying load requirements and environmental conditions.
- Calculate the Working Load: Calculate the maximum working load that the chain will be subjected to during operation. This involves considering the weight of the load, shock loads, and any additional forces acting on the chain.
- Consider Safety Factor: Apply an appropriate safety factor to the calculated working load to ensure the chain can handle occasional overloads or unexpected stresses. The safety factor typically ranges from 3:1 to 5:1 depending on the application.
- Choose the Material: Select the material for the heavy-duty chain based on the environmental conditions it will be exposed to. Common materials include carbon steel for general purposes, stainless steel for corrosion resistance, and alloy steel for increased strength.
- Determine the Chain Size: Use the calculated working load and safety factor to determine the required chain size. Refer to chain manufacturer catalogs or engineering handbooks to find chains with suitable load capacities.
- Consider Chain Configuration: Decide on the chain configuration, such as single-strand, double-strand, or multi-strand, based on the application’s requirements.
- Verify Compatibility: Ensure that the selected heavy-duty chain is compatible with the sprockets or pulleys it will be used with. Proper alignment and fit are crucial for smooth and efficient operation.
- Consult with Experts: If in doubt or dealing with complex applications, seek advice from chain manufacturers or industry experts who can recommend the most suitable heavy-duty chain for your specific needs.
It’s essential to follow the manufacturer’s guidelines and specifications when selecting a heavy-duty chain. Proper selection will result in a reliable and long-lasting chain, minimizing downtime and ensuring safety in heavy-duty applications.
editor by CX 2023-10-18